Aims of the Visit
- To compare a seaside town to Solihull
- To explore coastal defences
- To gain and insight in to the history of Conwy Castle
- Build team skills
Dates: 14th May 2018
Visit Leader: Mr Hobday
Total cost of visit: TBA
Final payment due: TBA
Additional costs: £10 - for souvenir and fish and chips
Parents' meeting: 23rd April 2018
This visit is led by both Greswold staff and staff at Conwy Youth Hostel. Our staff are also, of course, always on hand for pastoral care.
The children sleep on separate floors for boys and girls. Greswold staff sleep close by and children are made aware what to do if they have a problem during the night. We will have exclusive access to Conwy Youth Hostel where we will be the only visitors at the time of our stay.
The children eat their meals together as a group. On the first evening, there is a cooked meal at Conwy Youth Hostel. In the morning, they will have the choice of a cooked breakfast or cereal. For lunch, there is a choice of sandwiches. On the second evening, we will be enjoying fish and chips along Conwy harbour: the children will have a range of options to choose from here. Arrangements can be made for vegetarians or children with other specific dietary requirements.
The following activities are just a taster of what the children will experience whilst away in Wales:
- Exploring Llandudno town centre, along with the pier
- The High Street Survey we will be completing in Llandudno is part of our Geography topic which we will use when back at school to compare to our survey of Solihull High Street.
- Visiting Conwy Castle
- This will put our History lesson of castles in to a real-life perspective
- Walking along the beach to discuss coastal defences
- This again will link to our Geography topic which we will have covered before our visit to Llandudno, where children will get to see the benefits of using coastal defences and how they work in a real-life setting.
- Build team skills
- This part of the visit will be run by the staff at Conwy Youth Hostel (and supervised by Greswold staff at all times) where the children will be able to complete a range of activities.
- An opportunity to spend a short time on the beach