After receiving an increasing number of genuine concerns and frustrations from parents and residents alike with regards to parking around school, Greswold have put together a list of friendly parking suggestions to help make our school, and the community it's within, a better and safer place for everyone.
- If you live within a reasonable distance of school, please consider using healthier options such as walking, scooting or cycling to and from Greswold. Please refer to the Sustainable Travel website page for information on other initiatives.
- Park and Stride venues are available at either end of school, a safer and healthier way to enjoy a journey to and from Greswold. These include The Hub on Hermitage Road (5 minutes walk to school) and St Helen's Church on St Helen's Road (5-10 minutes walk to school). If you'd like to use The Hub then please email your car registration to the school office so we can update the facility's parking register to avoid incurring charges.
- Consider using the Walking Bus service from Wharf Lane even if you don’t live en route. It's a quieter and more peaceful 'drop off’ and ‘pick up’ location. Application forms are available from the main school office. Please note the Walking Bus will resume soon.
- If you locate and use a parking space near to school, please be prompt in returning to your vehicle.
- Please park legally, not on double yellow lines and definitely not on the zig-zags as this consitutes an illegal traffic offence! Parking Officers regularly patrol the road and will prosecute offenders.
- Please be considerate to our local residents by parking carefully without blocking driveways or wasting any valuable parking space directly outside school.
- Always remember to escort your children onto the school site even if dropping them off is more convenient.
- Please refrain from performing 3-point turns on Buryfield Road as families will inevitably be walking on pavements directly in front or behind vehicles.
- Please speak to other road users with the same respect and values we strive to embed in the children of Greswold.
- Respect the allocated disabled spaces.
- Please, please don't leave your car engines running whilst waiting for family members. This will help to reduce air pollution around school.
- If you are running late, parking further up Buryfield Road beyond Woodfield Road can be quieter, and walking from there may actually help save you time.
- We are a large primary school with nearly 700 pupils on roll so parking will inevitably be challenging. Therefore please consider leaving home earlier to help alleviate any stress on yourselves or your children.
- Allow plenty of time for your journey, even more when it is raining!
- As ever, we will continue to encourage our families and the wider school community to adopt safe and positive approaches to travelling to and from school (See Sustainable Travel). However, if you do have a complaint regarding illegal or inconsiderate parking, this really needs to be addressed with the Parking Enforcement or Highways team at Solihull MBC.
Thank you for your continued support.