After receiving a growing number of complaints, frustrations and genuine concerns from parents and residents about parking around school, Greswold have put together a list of friendly parking suggestions to make our school, and the community it's within, a better and safer place.
- If you live within a reasonable distance of school, please consider using healthier options such as walking, scooting or cycling to and from Greswold.
- Park and Stride venues are available at either end of school, a safer and healthier way to enjoy a journey to and from Greswold. These include The Hub on Hermitage Road and St Helen's Church on St Helen's Road. If you'd like to use The Hub then please email your car registration to the school office so we can update the facility's parking register to avoid incurring charges.
- Consider using the Walking Bus service from Wharf Lane even if you don’t live en route. It's a quieter and peaceful 'drop off’ and ‘pick up’ location. Application forms are available from the main school office. Please note that the Walking Bus is temporarily unavailable due to Covid restrictions.
- If you locate and use a parking space near to school, please be prompt in returning to your vehicle.
- Please park legally, not on double yellow lines and definitely not on the zig-zags as it’s a traffic offence!
- Please park considerately without blocking residents' driveways or wasting any valuable parking space directly outside school.
- Always remember to escort your children onto the school site even if dropping them off is more convenient.
- Please refrain from performing 3-point turns on Buryfield Road as families will inevitably be walking on pavements directly in front or behind vehicles.
- Please speak to other road users with the same respect and values we strive to embed in the children of Greswold.
- Respect the allocated disabled spaces.
- If you are running late, parking further up Buryfield Road beyond Woodfield Road can be quieter, and walking from there may actually help save you time.
- We are a large primary school with over 600 pupils on roll so parking will inevitably be challenging. Therefore please consider leaving home earlier to help alleviate any stress on yourselves or your children.
- Allow plenty of time for your journey, even more when it is reaining!
- As ever, we will continue to encourage our families and the wider school community to adopt safe and positive approaches to travelling to and from school (See Sustainable Travel). However, if you do have a complaint regarding illegal or inconsiderate parking, this really needs to be addressed with the Parking Enforcement or Highways team at Solihull MBC.
Thank you for your continued support.