Cognition and Learning
Universal support (for all pupils, where appropriate)
- Differentiated curriculum planning, activities, delivery and outcome
- Careful grouping
- Visual timetables
- Visual reminders, memory aids
- Illustrated / ACE dictionaries
- High interest / low reading age books
- Writing frames
- Scaffolding learning
- Task boards
- Access to ICT
- Use of recordable devices
- Reducing copying from board
Targeted support (depending on the needs of the pupil)
- Intervention programmes such as Numicon and Read,Write Inc.
- Precision teaching
- Shared in class support from TA
- Multi-sensory spelling practice groups
- Targeted ICT access
- Learning Mentor time
- Small group support or teaching for part of some lessons or interventions
- Reading overlays
- Coloured paper and exercise books
Specialist support (for pupils with more complex needs)
- Intense English / Maths support and interventions
- Individual reading programme
- Specialist literacy and numeracy programmes e.g. Nessy Reading and Spelling; IDL Numeracy.
- SENTAA Communication and Learning Difficulties specialist advice and support.
- Small group or 1-1 support or teaching for some lessons or parts of lessons.
- Auditory and visual memory groups
- Fine and gross motor skill programmes such as BEAM
- Specialist ICT equipment or programmes