Admission to Nursery at Greswold Primary School
Greswold Primary School admits children at the beginning of each academic year in September. If there is space in Nursery, children can be admitted in the term after they become 3 years old (known as Rising 3s) in January and April. We also offer provision at Greswold Greyhounds for Rising 3s. For admission to Greswold Greyhounds, please contact Abby Hall, Extended Services Manager.
We try our best to meet parents’ request, however sometimes there may be more applications for a particular intake than there are places. If this happens we will use the oversubscription criteria to decide who is offered a place.
Priority 1 - Looked after children or children who were looked after but ceased to be so because they were adopted (or became subject to a residence order or special guardianship order). This includes those children who appear (to the admission authority) to have been in state care outside of England and ceased to be in state care as a result of being adopted
Priority 2 - Children living in the catchment area of the school (catchment areas can be seen on the council’s online maps link)
Priority 3 - Children who will have an older brother or sister attending the school at the same time. (See notes below for the definition of a sibling)
Priority 4 - Children living outside the catchment area based on their distance from home to school measured using the council’s online maps.
How to Apply
You will need to complete an application form to apply for a place at Greswold's nursery. These can be downloaded below. Forms can be printed at home and completed by hand then returned to school (see our Contact page for our postal address). Optionally, you can complete the form using Word and return it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact the school for a form or collect one from the School Office during our opening hours.
For admissions into Nursery for September 2022, please complete an application form as there are still places available.
For admissions into Nursery for September 2023, please see below.
|16th December 2022|
w/c 9th January 2023
In the unlikely event of spaces for Rising 3s in January in our Nursery (for those born September - December) or April (those born January - April), we may admit pupils using our oversubscription criteria.
Parents will be notified of the outcome of their application by email.
Accepting Your Place
Parents will have to accept the place within 2 weeks of the offer. Places that have not been accepted will be offered to the next child on the list. The session times and days will be confirmed once the Nursery place has been accepted by the parents.
1. Attendance at the nursery will not guarantee admission to our reception class or give any advantage to your child’s application for reception. Parents must apply for a reception place through their home local authority.
2. Definition of a sibling - A brother or sister must live at the same address and could be:
3. The home address is the place where the child is permanently resident with his or her parents. When a child lives between two addresses we will use the address of the parent who is in receipt of Child Benefit.
4. If we cannot distinguish between two applicants because the criterion and distance is the same, for example, children in the same block of flats then the child or children who will be offered will be randomly selected by drawing lots.
5. Unsuccessful applicants will be placed on a waiting list in priority order according to the oversubscription criteria. If a place becomes available the child at the top of the list will be offered the place.
6. There is no statutory right of appeal for admission to a nursery setting. Any disputes over the administration of the policy will be dealt with by the school’s complaints procedure.