How does Greswold prepare pupils with SEND for moving to their next class or school?
We recognise that ‘moving on’ can be difficult for a child with SEN/and or disabilities and take steps to ensure that any transition is as smooth as possible.
If your child is moving to another school:
- We will contact the new school’s SENCo and ensure he/she knows about any special arrangements or support that need to be made for your child.
- We will make sure that all records about your child are passed on as soon as possible.
When moving classes in school:
- Information will be passed on to the new class teacher and a meeting will take place with the new teacher.
- If your child would be helped by a photo book to support them understand moving on then it will be made for them.
- The SEND Support Passport along with any professional reports will be shared with the new class teacher